SQR3 Directions + Response

Directions:
  • S – Scan, Skim
    • Headlines, author, references, images, etc. 
    • How relative it is to research
  • Q – Questions developed of article without reading more than skim
    • Ask a question of the article
    • Personalize to your thinking and reason
    • Put post-it note on first page of article, construct pdf of questions, etc.
    • Specify 
  • R1 - Read 
    • Move forward, highlight what is important afterwards 
  • R2 – Recite 
    • Repeat out loud what is highlighted even if alone
    • Read to person 
  • R3 – Review 
    • Highlighted info, rephrase in margin
    • Revisit question through rephrasing of reviewed highlights 
    • “Does this answer question?” 
Response:
The strategy above helped me understand the essential elements of articles for research and eliminate articles that did not aid in my developments. In particular, I actually eliminate quite a few choices from articles I had picked beforehand due to them being either not focused enough in my research realm or not answering questions relating to my thesis. It has helped me find scientific journals that relate directly to human impact as well as the impact that our own constructive environment and how it negatively effects our health. 

Comments

Popular Posts